There has been a rapid rise in mobile phone numbers or SIM cards in India. However, there are times when multiple numbers are being used under the name of certain person without his knowledge.
If you feel that you are a person who has multiple mobile numbers then, you can check for yourself about the authorised numbers.
Keeping in mind about the different SIM fraud where users are unaware about their existing phone numbers, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has launched a service/ portal to enable individuals to check the mobile numbers authenticity. Users can check whether a certain SIM/ mobile number is actually used by them or not. If the users find that the SIM is unauthorised, they can block the numbers by following the steps mentioned by the DoT portal.
Steps to check total registered Mobile numbers on your name
- Open tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in website on your smartphone/ tablet/ computer.
- Enter 10 digit mobile number
- An OTP will be received on your number
- Enter the specific OTP and validate
- A complete list of numbers will pop-up on your screen
- If you see any number that is unknown, you can report about it.
- The Government will check the number and take necessary actions about it.